Tuesday, November 24, 2009

11 Weeks...And Counting



Until I make a total fool of myself at the Myrtle Beach Marathon. I used the Runner's World training calculator today and according to the distance and time I'm running now, this says I should finish the 13.1 miles in 3:02:31. Being very competitive and of course a control freak, I've already made a personal note to finish in under 3 hours.

And of course since I'm a freak I've pretty much got my year mapped out next year of races I'm doing. I'm going to post them here, so that if any of you wants to join me in any of these, you're welcome to! I'm shooting for at least one race per month leading up to the big enchilada in December 2010. So here goes:

February 13 - Myrtle Beach Half Marathon - Myrtle Beach, SC

March 7 - Disney Princess Half Marathon - Orlando, FL

April 17 - Salt Lake City Half Marathon - Salt Lake City

May 15 - Ogden Half Marathon - Ogden, UT

June 12 - Teton Dam Marathon Relay - Rexburg, ID

July 17 - Bryce Canyon Half Marathon - Cannonville, UT

August 28 - Mesa Falls Half Marathon - Ashton, ID

September 5 - Disneyland Half Marathon - Anaheim, CA

October 23 - Prison Break Half Marathon - Boise, ID

November 25 - Turkey Trot 10K - Idaho Falls

December 5 - Las Vegas Rock and Roll Marathon - Las Vegas

Yes, you read that correctly, I'm going to do the full 26.2 in one year! There might be other races I do along the way, 5 & 10K mostly just to keep in shape & give me a chance to improve my times. But that's my year long plan. Anyway, I hope some of you can join me at least for a few of them. Most of these races have other distances, so if you don't feel up to running a full or half marathon, you could do a 5K or 10K instead.

And Skye, in 2011, I plan on coming to Hawaii in March for the Big Island Marathon or maybe the Maui half marathon. (I believe both of those are run in March.) So if you're not pregnant or something maybe you can run with me.

So those are my goals, and now that they're in writing it will be a lot harder to weasle out of them. Anyone else want to post their agenda?

4 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

So, maybe if I fix my hip I can run some races. Of coarse..... There is that "Junior Feloffasofa" thing I have to contend with when I am actually able to run.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

BTW... You are avery ambitious young lady. I am very proud of you. I will go quilt now.

Hillary and Jake said...

I'll do the Bryce canyon and salt lake with you, probably anything in utah and Idaho

Unknown said...

Do you dress up like a disney princess? And do you actually get to escape from prison? Other wise I'm not interested.